Mongolia Travel Advice
The government of Mongolia eased Covid restrictions, moving from the ‘Orange’ – Level 3 of heightened state of readiness to the ‘Yellow’ – Level 2.
Oyun-Erdene Luvsannamsrai said, “Mongolia will not require vaccination from Mongolian citizens, international investors, and tourists upon entry, but arrivals need to be tested negative for COVID19 on a PCR test within 72 hours before arrival. Visitors are encouraged to get vaccinated in Mongolia”.
If you’re planning travel to Mongolia, find out what you need to know about coronavirus here.
- Is Mongolia’s border open to the international travel?
Mongolia has opened its borders and is open to tourists with full doses of vaccines. All Covid restrictions are being lifted as of 14 February, 2022 in Mongolia.
- How will people who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons be treated?
Individuals who do not have a WHO-approved vaccine are required to provide medical and other evidence in their home country. Instead, these individuals will need proof of PCR testing.
- Is it necessary to give a PCR test at the entrance and exit?
Passengers crossing the Mongolian border must have a real-time PCR test for coronavirus infection (Covid-19) within 72 hours prior to entering the country, and must provide evidence of a “negative” result. The same is given when leaving.
- In addition to the PCR test given 72 hours before the flight to Mongolia, do you need a PCR or rapid test at the border?
If you have a valid test result within 72 hours, you will not be tested at the border.
- Should infants and young children be tested for PCR?
PCR is not recommended for infants or children under 4 years of age.
- How much does an emergency test cost?
Rapid test 7-10USD, PCR test 30-40, -USD
- Is there a PCR service for large groups of tourists to come to hotels?
This service is available by order. You can apply to the NCCD and private hospitals in advance for mobile services.
- The results of a PCR test taken at an airport are sent to a registered telephone number. How to report test results from foreigners?
The result will be sent to the registered telephone number, and in case of arrival of the travel company, to the registered telephone number of the translator and guide. If message Roaming is activated, foreigner can provide his/ her international phone number.
- From which countries are there regular scheduled flights?
Korea-Seoul, Japan-Tokyo, Bangkok, Germany-Frankfurt- (via Moscow).
- Is it necessary to have COVID insurance when visiting Mongolia?
Coverage insurance is not required. The insurance can be provided to clients on a voluntary basis.
- What kind of help can I get if I go to Mongolia and get COVID?
Treatment is provided in accordance with the regulations in force in Mongolia with free of charge.
- Do you need to install any app on your mobile phone when you come to Mongolia?
- Where can I find all the information related to the officially approved COVID-19 in English?
The official website of the Ministry of Health includes the “Travelinfo” submenu and the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs consul.mn.
Updated on 14 February, 2022
Source: The Government of Mongolia
General Emergency Management Agency