City Sightseeing & Ger District Tour
This is a special full day city tour takes you to the historical, cultural and traditional parts of Ulaanbaatar city.
You will visit the biggest Buddhist monastery-Gandan, national history museum and main square as well as open market-Narantuul. The highlight of this city tour is a visit to the Ger district to discover a traditional way of life being challenged by urban development and social enterprise building the community in recreation center. You will visit the center, north and eastern parts of the city with this tour. Taking this day tour will open your eyes seeing the city and provide you an opportunity to support the Ger district community challenged by urban development. Discover, Learn and Contribute !
2 personUSD 110
3 to 4 personUSD 110
More than 4 personMore attractive price upon request
Include4WD vehicle transportationBottled waterMeals as indicatedFees for activitiesAdmission feesEnglish speaking guide
Not IncludedPersonal expensesTravel insuranceTipping(optional)Visa application & feesInternational airfaresAirport pick-up & drop-offAccommodation as indicated
DAY 1: Gandan Monastery - Ger district - Narantuul market
The tour will start at 9:00 a.m. by visiting the Gandan monastery, which is the biggest Buddhist temple with over 300 years of history. The monastery houses the tallest (26.5 m) indoor statue of Avalokiteśvara with impressive about 1000 smaller statues of God of longevity. Beside the main temple, you will visit a few temples and religious schools where lamas chant Buddha’s teaching.
Leaving the monastery, we will visit National history Museum that displays the history and culture of the Mongols from ages as early as the Stone Age and until the modern days. Also visit the Sukhbaatar square where monuments of Chinggis Khan, his grandson’ and his generals’ are located. The square is one of the honoring places that is why in 1921, in the center of Ulaanbaatar, the ‘hero of the revolution’, Damdin Sukhbaatar, declared Mongolia’s final independence from the Chinese.
Afterwards, we will drive to a beautiful mountain hill where the Ger district is located. Upon arrival, visit Ovoo ~ Buddhist ritual to have a panoramic view of Ger district and Ulaanbaatar city from a mountain hill. You will see how children are playing peacefully and joyful in the artificial lake surrounding over 400 trees. Visit a family living in the Ger district and water-well nearby. As we tour through the Ger Street, arrive in the recreation center and meet the founder, who will share the story of the Ger district and the building the Green lake community. Inspire by the beautiful story and the future of the Ger district with this travel experience. Your payment for this travel experience will be contributed to develop the educational center for kids living in Ger district and endorse the community.
Leaving the district, we will head to Narantuul or Black market, which is a big-open market where you can find anything from antique, traditional & modern clothing, horse bridle to Ger and its furniture as much as you can. Transfer to the hotel/accommodation at the end of the tour.
FAQ & Tour Map
We provide excellent accommodation, transportation and quality of service as listed below.
- Everyday (check best time to visit Mongolia and its weather)
- We will cater authentic Mongolian and fusion meals as well as European meals during your travel. Special dietary requests such vegetarian, gluten-free and religious meals are available upon request in advance.
- Depending on the number of people, we provide 4WD car with A/C including Land cruiser, Lexus jeep and Mitsubishi Delica for comfort and efficiency. More less half of the Mongolian road is dirt and off-beaten. Depending on day-to-day program, we drive on asphalt and dirt road for as little as a couple of hours up to six hours with pleasant stops for toilet, photographs and stretching.
- To confirm your booking, we require 30% deposit payment via online payment (VISA, MASTER) or bank transfer and balance is expected to be made in 30 days prior to your tour departure. There is no extra card payment or hidden fee.
- Travel documents, warm coat/jacket and layers, hiking shoes, raincoat, rubber slippers, sunglasses, sunblock, bandana, lip balm, hat, insect repellent, travel medicine and standard toiletries