Mongolia Getaway Tour
Enjoy a couple of days in best National Parks surrounding the Ulaanbaatar city.
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
Group size: min 1
Physical rating: Easy
Accommodation: 1 night in tourist Ger camp and 1 night in nomad family homestay
Activities: Nomadic lifestyle / Horse riding / Wildlife / Easy hiking / Sightseeing
– Local living – Homestay with nomad family and Learn daily chores
– Stay with locals and cook Mongolian traditional food
– Explore Terelj National park & Genghis khan statue complex
– Trip to see truly wild horses – Takhi in Khustai National Park
– Horseback riding in the steppe
2 personUSD 450
3 to 4 personUSD 370
More than 4 personMore attractive price upon request
Include4WD vehicle transportationBottled waterAirport pick-up & drop-offMeals as indicatedFees for activitiesAdmission feesEnglish speaking guideAccommodation as indicated
Not IncludedPersonal expensesTravel insuranceTipping(optional)Visa application & feesInternational airfares
Day 1 : Genghis Khan Statue + Terelj National Park
- Pick up from your hotel and drive to Genghis Khan Statue Complex
- Visit museum of the complex and try Mongolian traditional warrior/queen costume
- Hold an Eagle for photo opportunity
- Drive to Terelj National Park; beautiful green landscape with unique Rocky Mountains and rivers
- Visit Turtle Rock; interesting natural rock formation looking like a turtle
- Hike to Ariyapala Meditation Temple (20-30 minutes) crossing the short trail bridge to 108 stairs
- Stay overnight in tourist Ger camp
- Meals: Lunch + Dinner
- Accommodation: Standard tourist Ger camp
- Distance: 2 hours’ drive on paved road
Day 2 : Hustai National Park + Wild Horse
- Drive to Hustai National Park
- Visit information center to learn about wild Przewalski Horses
- Observe wild horses that are numbered around 400
- Meet a nomad family and learn from daily life
- Cooking class – dumpling making with the family
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Accommodation: Private nomad family’s guest Ger (basic – no running water or shower)
- Distance: 3 hours’ drive on paved road
Day 3 : Horse riding with locals - Ulaanbaatar
- Start the morning helping a nomad family
- Milk the cow, make yogurt /cheese and herd the livestock
- Saddle on Mongolian horse with locals and explore the park
- Drive to Ulaanbaatar
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch
- Accommodation: Check our suggested hotels in Ulaanbaatar (we can book it without service charge)
- Distance: 2 hours’ drive on paved road
We provide excellent accommodation, transportation and quality of service as listed below.
- Tourist Ger camp : Comfort level
- You will stay in excellent tourist Ger camps which a traditional hotel that provides Ger (yurt –round shape dwelling) as a hotel room and is usually located near the tourist attractions. The standard toilet, shower and bathroom facilities are provided.
- Nomad family stay in Guest Ger : Unique
- You will experience authentic nomad homestay enjoying hearty meals and drinks with local helping the nomad with daily chores from milking cow, processing dairy products (cooking milk, preparing butter) and rounding up livestock. Based on twin to quadruple occupancy, Guest ger are equipped with beds, sink to wash and table with chairs but no standard toilet, tape water, shower and electricity are provided.
- We will cater authentic Mongolian and fusion meals as well as European meals during your travel. Special dietary requests such vegetarian, gluten-free and religious meals are available upon request in advance.
- Depending on the number of people, we provide 4WD car with A/C including Land cruiser, Lexus jeep and Mitsubishi Delica for comfort and efficiency. More less half of the Mongolian road is dirt and off-beaten. Depending on day-to-day program, we drive on asphalt and dirt road for as little as a couple of hours up to six hours with pleasant stops for toilet, photographs and stretching.
- To book this tour please complete our online booking form here. To confirm your booking, we require 30% deposit payment via online payment (VISA, MASTER) or bank transfer and balance is expected to be made in 30 days prior to your tour departure. There is no extra card payment or hidden fee. Check our terms and conditions.
- Travel documents, warm coat/jacket and layers, hiking shoes, raincoat, rubber slippers, sunglasses, sunblock, bandana, lip balm, hat, insect repellent, travel medicine and standard toiletries
- Camera, camera accessories, USB charger, e-book readers, walking stick if necessary, led head torch